Toyota and GM Big Winners of the 2007 Motorist Choice Awards
by HAILEY KERR
PRIMEDIA’s IntelliChoice.com together with AutoPacific has recently announced the results of their annual Motorist Choice Awards for model year 2007. Toyota and General Motors were the big winners for the said awarding. The Japanese automaker has scored winners for eight segment of which include the overall winner Lexus LS while GM was able to have five segment winners including the GMC Yukon XL and Cadillac DTS.
The Motorist Choice Awards were given to vehicles that offer the highest customer satisfaction and the lowest cost of ownership. To come up with the winners, the data gathered from the new car and truck buyers by AutoPacific were combined with IntelliChoice’s rating methodology resulting to a new kind of award that reflects both the heart and what the pockets of buyers can afford.
According to James Bell, the publisher of IntelliChoice.com, the winners for this year’s award were recognized for quality and value. Toyota was able to obtain majority of the 25 vehicle segments but GM with its 2007 Cadillac DTS top the large luxury car segment.
George Peterson, President of AutoPacific further added that any vehicle scoring more than 700 in the Motorist Choice Awards might just as well be considered in the top rank of the highly desirable cars or trucks. He said that there were at least 25 vehicles that were able to obtain 700+ score however some of these vehicles didn’t make the list because they lost out to other high-scoring vehicles in their segment. BMW the producer of quality BMW 328ic parts have two models that failed to make the list: 5-Series and 7 Series. The other models that failed to make the top 25 include: Lexus GS, Chevrolet Tahoe, Lincoln Town Car, Chevrolet Suburban, Acura RL, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Mercedes-Benz GL450, Chevrolet Suburban, Toyota 4Runner, Lexus RX and Hyundai Azera.
The 2007 Winners of the 25 individual segment awards:
- Winner Aspirational Luxury Car
- Lexus IS Compact Car
- Mazda3 Compact Crossover SUV
- Chevrolet HHR Compact Pickup
- Toyota Tacoma Compact Sport Utility/ORV
- Toyota Tacoma Economy Car
- Honda Fit Image Compact Car
- Volkswagen GTi Large Car
- Toyota Avalon Large Heavy Duty Pickup
- Chevrolet Silverado HD Large Light Duty Pickup
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Large Luxury Car
- Cadillac DTS Large Sport Utility
- GMC Yukon XL Luxury Crossover SUV
- Acura MDX Luxury Mid-Size Car
- Nissan Maxima Luxury Sport Utility
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport Mid-Size Car
- Volkswagen Jetta Mid-Size Crossover SUV
- Honda CR-V Mid-Size Sport Utility
- Toyota 4Runner Minivan
- Honda Odyssey Premium Luxury Car
- Lexus LS Premium Mid-Size Car
- Nissan Altima Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV
- Nissan Murano Premium Sports Car
- Lexus SC Sports Car
- Porsche Boxster Sporty Car